What home insurance do you need?

When most people visit the York Jersey Underwriters Inc. offices to talk about home insurance, they think we offer one policy. The insurance industry in the United States offers eight different types of home insurance policies, though, so you can obtain the precise coverage you need for your home. Let’s consider your options so you buy the perfect home policy for your home.

The Eight Types of Home Policy

In insurance, we pride ourselves on precision, so the industry offers eight types of home policies, four of which apply to newly built or existing homes. We also offer one type for historic homes and three others for other types of housing, including condos, mobile homes, and renter’s insurance. Here’s a quick guide to the home insurance types.

  • HO-1 – covers 11 named perils and may or may not cover personal belongings.
  • HO-2 – covers 13 named perils and personal belongings.
  • HO-3 – covers most named perils except those specifically excluded in the policy and limited personal property coverage.
  • HO-4 – called renter’s insurance, this home policy protects the personal belongings of the individual renting a home owned by another person.
  • HO-5 – offers the broadest named perils coverage and personal property coverage.
  • HO-6 – covers condos from named perils and personal belongings.
  • HO-7 – mobile home coverage that covers the same 11 named perils as an HO-1 policy while the home remains immobile and attached to a foundation, such as piers and pilings.
  • HO-8 – specifically designed to cover historical homes and architecturally significant structures from 11 perils.

What type of home policy do you need?

York Jersey Underwriters Inc. offers the home insurance you need to protect your home and belongings. Contact us today to purchase the home insurance that protects you from financial loss. We serve all over the United States.